Ken is traveling for work tonight...so I expected to come home and have a "date night" with the lads and then get caught up on a book I've been reading. When I pulled into our drive I was horrified to see an ambulance parked in front of our next door neighbor's house and Emily and the boys standing outside. EMily told me that they had just pulled up and she didn't know what was going on. I asked her if the kids were home and she didn't know. About 2 minutes later Charmaigne, (the neighbor) pulled into her drive with her oldest son Jack. She said she had no idea what was going on but that her husband Luke called her and said he was feeling faint and was too weak to hold their baby so he called 911.
Long story short, I had all the kids come over here (Jack-6, Liam F-3, and baby Tatum, 10 mos). Poor Charmaigne was so shell shocked that she quickly came over and dropped off some stuff for the baby and rushed to the hospital. Much like us, the Foley's have no real family nearby to help out. I was happy to be able to help out any way I could. It was a VERY long night. Between keeping a constant vigil on Sawyer and Tatum (Beanie is obsessed with sticking his fingers in her mouth, eyes, ears, etc.) and making sure that the older boys did not maim each other or escape (Liam F. is prone to sneaking out of his house), then feeding all of them, changing baby diapers and putting the little ones to bed I was more than fried. Three and a half hours later Charmaigne called to say they were admitting Luke but that they thought he might have appendicitis. ( which is ironic since Charmaigne had to have her appendix removed a month ago).
I must admit I was more than happy that she was home but I did tell her if she needed me to help out in the morning I could. Of all the nights for Ken to be traveling. Oy.
Feel better Luke!
No comments:
Post a Comment