A day (or week, depending on energy levels) in the life of a working illustrator/marathon running mommy of two small and very active boys and the wife of one bigger boy.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Special Object
Today at Art Camp the kids are supposed to bring a small toy or object that is special to them. While Liam was getting ready for breakfast I asked him what object he was taking to camp? He immediately replied "Fuddy!" Fuddy is his black lab stuffed animal that he made at Build-A-Bear. He said "Nothing is as special as Fuddy is Mommy!" I told him that while Fuddy IS indeed a very special puppy, he probably should leave him at home because we didn't want anything to happen to him. He agreed and then stopped to think about what else he could bring. Suddenly he popped out of his chair and said "I know! I will bring a rock!!" So he went outside, searched for a nice rock then colored it blue with sidewalk chalk. He brought it in and showed me. I told him it was a beautiful rock. He told me that it was the coloring that made it special. He put it in his pocket where it will hopefully make its way safely to art camp and where he can proudly show his teacher the special rock he colored.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment