It's a hard knock life, for Liam. Apparently, he "HAS TO DO EVERYTHING AROUND HERE!!!". We hear this outcry from him nearly once a week, usually after we ask him to do something outrageous like put his shoes away. The poor little lamb is forced to set the table at night and pick up his toys. O' the horror! Last night I was being selfish by asking him to put his clothes away that I had just washed, dried and folded with tender loving care. He looked at me and said "No thank you. I really don't feel like it..." as if being polite in his refusal would make it more acceptable. I replied , "Ok sweetie. That's fine. I'd hate to over-tax your already heavy workload. I'll put them away. Oh! And just to let you know, tomorrow morning when you ask me for breakfast I am 'not going to feel like it' either." He then put his clothes away without comment or delay.
Score one for the Taskmaster.
1 comment:
You're the master of Love & Logic! of course I think their approach would be to send him to school hungry when he asked the next day (unless he can actually make his own breakfast). :)
Post a Comment