Thursday, April 2, 2009

Creativity Constipation

It is nearly 11:00pm and I am surfing the web hoping to be struck with some great idea for a major work presentation in the morning and I have NOTHING. NADA. ZIP. I have said it before but I must emphasize that I am creatively tapped out. I quite literally have nothing in my head and honestly, I am to the point where I feel incapable of even caring. I suppose this is the designer's version of writer's block and it is paralyzing. There is something to be said for needing to come up with a great idea by the morning that makes me capable of doing anything BUT. I am seriously considering exploring other career paths. I just don't enjoy this anymore and I no longer feel any good at it. I feel creatively constipated. I feel mentally indifferent. I have nothing left to give them and no matter how hard people push I just can't force it to happen. If only I could. :-(

No comments: