Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I do NOT fancy migraines

For the past two days I have had a twitching in my eye. I should have known that it meant a vicious migraine was brewing. I am always amazed that after dealing with these things for the past 8 years they can still take me by surprise. I get the visual disturbances/blurry vision and instead of instantly thinking "Migraine! Seek help immediately!" I instead think, "Hmmm...wonder why it is so foggy in here today?" or, "Gee-half of my computer screen has disappeared, strange."

Today at work it hit me and hit me hard and now I want to go outside and vomit because the pressure inside my skull is excruciating. I took a healthy dose of Excederin migraine, which was after drinking a not-so-healthy dose of coffee so now my hands are shaking and my stomach hurts from the double/triple dose of caffeine. And, since I took the meds later in the day I will now need to take Advil PM to counter the effects of the caffeine in the Excederin Migraine--otherwise, I will be awake until Friday.

No comments: