Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I always knew I had a wonderful Mom...but I never knew just HOW wonderful she was/is until I became a Mom myself. On the days that my patience is thin, and my house is most messy and my boys are most energetic and I feel like I am going to snap at any moment...I remember my Mom and how she had FOUR of us kids to tend to as well as take care of my live-in paralyzed grandmother and I wonder...HOW? How did she do it each and every day as well as keep the house clean, kids and grandma fed and bathed and still manage to sew us handmade costumes for Halloween? She never got a break other than the ones my Dad may have given her. She was on duty 24/7 and I don't ever remember her complaining or seeming like she was going to go off the deep end like I do many days. I don't ever recall her lamenting, "is this all there is??!"

I'm sure my Mom would admit to having some bad days where she felt like she was outnumbered, overtired and under-appreciated. And who knows, maybe some days she even questioned whether or not she was doing a good enough job. Of course I don't remember any of this, I only remember a consistently loving, always available, constantly nurturing Mom who always made us feel loved and safe.

Thank you Mom, and to all mothers everywhere, for ALL that you do each and every day. Thank you for cleaning up the pee, the poop, the puke and event he bloody messes that inevitably come along with motherhood. Thank you for the sleepless nights you stayed up worrying about us and the days where you did nothing more than spend time with us. Thank you for being you.

I love you Mom!

No comments: