Tuesday, January 27, 2009

UGH

I am drained. Liam has been in full-blown defiant turd mode--so much so that if Emily didn't show up tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised nor would I blame her. Every single thing we ask Liam NOT to do he defiantly turns around and does anyway. It is infuriating. Yesterday he got in trouble at school for talking too loudly and not listening (although he did not have to sit in the "uh-oh chair". Apparently another little boy occupied that seat yesterday!). Today he actually SPIT at Sammy and then threw a stick at her. Like I said, pure and total turd mode and very unlike him. He did everything he could to push all of our buttons today and then would cry about it afterwards. I must say that I managed to stay calm and not raise my voice even when he was being down right ROTTEN. It took all of my willpower but I did it and I think it helped to keep him from getting hysterical which can be the norm when he has not napped and is out of control. So is this typical 4 year old boy behavior? DO they circle back around and return to their sweet selves or do I need to start researching the cost of the therapy he is going to need someday after I hang him up by his toenails??

No comments: