I went to the sports doctor this morning. The good news: No breaks!! Initially he thought I had a fracture of the coccyx, but then after ordering more x-rays he thinks it is not a break. Good. It is just a bad tail bone bruise. In addition to that it turns out that the majority of my pain is not from the tail bone at all, but instead the sacrum, which is right above the tailbone. He says I sprained it (an SI sprain) which is what is causing my pain/sleeplessness. It is hard to get comfortable when that joint is injured. He said I can expect 4 to 6 weeks for it to heal (But I'm an accelerated healer! I forgot to bring this point up...). He said two weeks of being a big baby and not doing anything (luckily we have one week down!), so only one more week of rest with possible light walking. NOT any one hour -two hour long walks (it's like he thinks I'd overdo it or something?! Where's the trust Doc???). At around 3 to 4 weeks out I can start trying to add stuff back in although he said I'll probably be quite sore for some time. He gave me a script for a month's worth of Vicodin. I have just taken one and am waiting for it to kick in already. Hopefully it will allow me to sleep better.
Now we wait and hope I don't go completely bonkers from cardio/endorphin withdrawl. Lord have mercy on the souls of my family...
No comments:
Post a Comment