Monday, June 16, 2008

Who Sings in SINGapore????

Liam woke up this morning and climbed into bed with me. It has become our morning ritual. We snuggle until he gets too hungry and needs breakfast ASAP or until I have to get up and get ready for work and/or tend to Sawyer--whichever comes first. This morning Soybean woke up earlier than usual--playing sweetly in his crib at 4:20am and it took him a while to get back to sleep. He played in his bed until nearly 6:00 am. Enter Liam at 6:30am. I was so tired that I hardly noticed he was there until he started peppering me with questions. "Mommy...I have a question for you..." "What button do you push to make the fan spin faster?" (uh...not sure I want you to know that Liam) "Papa isn't a stranger, is he?" (No Liam, Papa is NOT a stranger. We've been working on defining who strangers are--Liam thinks anyone who talks to him or comes to our door is NOT a stranger) and my favorite question of the morning; "Mommy, who SINGS in Singapore???" A fair enough question I suppose.

Liam has become the master of asking rapid fire questions, waiting for the answer then asking MORE questions. It's no wonder why I am so tired from the weekend--my brain is sore. If I don't give him a good enough answer he will usually correct me and give me the answer he really wants. ex:

Liam: "Mommy, where is Diego?"

Me: "I don't know Liam, maybe he is in your toybox."

Liam: "NO Mommy, that's NOT where Diego is!"

Me: "OK. Maybe he is under your bed"

Liam: "No Mommy-I think he is outside on the deck!"

Me: "fine Liam, he's outside on the deck."

Liam: "No Mommy, he's not! Where is he??"

Me: "I don't know Liam--maybe by the couch."

Liam: "NO Mommy!! He's right here! See, I was RIGHT and you were WRONG!"

Me: "Mommy has a migraine Liam, no more questions for at least five minutes."

"Liam: "Why do you have a migraine Mommy???"

Me: (head hits table)

No comments: