Excuse me while I whine for just a moment...
My three year old child is not sleeping, or rather, he is not sleeping well. This has been a "situation" for the past year. We average one or two good nights a week and that is not an understatement. He is a very restless sleeper and often yells out. LOUDLY. It always starts about the same time: 2.5 hours after he goes to sleep and then nearly every hour afterwards until 3:30ish. Then it resumes again around 5:30 or 6:00. If we can make it past that dreadful hour then we know it might actually be a good night. Lately, we have not had many of those.
For the past two days he has not taken a nap, which makes him over-tired, which makes him unable to sleep at night, which triggers the night-terrors which in turn makes him cranky all day and over-tired and the cycle repeats itself. Over and over. I am nearly at the tipping of point. I can't remember when I last slept soundly and on the rare nights he does sleep, I am automatically awake because I have been trained to awaken every single hour. On alert.
Combine that with my current agitated and restless fretting over whether or not I should go back to work full-time (that's a different topic for another time), and I am just wiped out. Mentally and physically.
Something's gotta give soon.
3 comments:
Maybe your ped can recommend something?
In the meantime, feel free to dish on working/not working full-time dilemma. I happen to be up (at 3am) because we just bought a new car and I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse. I'll get past it and really, really like new car, but you know, change awakens me at 3 AM.
OH, and Happy New Year!! 2011 here we come, Baby!
Oh Heather...it's funny you should recommend the ped thing. Also adding to my anxiety: we were just denied health insurance (another pitfall to independent contracting). So now we are trying to appeal their ruling (really? one instance of colitis two years ago has me blacklisted?!) but are currently tempting fate without any. A *major* reason for me to go back to work.
What kind of new car?? I need to get one soon--(and another reason for steady income).
Happy 2011!
Ack! Health insurance sounds like a nightmare. Dwight did the independent contractor for one year and we were lucky to pay for some. Then he went on my school insurance, then we switched to his work insurance, then mine, then his...suffice it to say it has been a dance. Much luck with your appeal!!
And, maybe a nice part-time job (with bene's) will drop out of the sky in 2011? Heck. Maybe you can find a telecommute design gig? I work for Northrop Grumman and they provide bene's at 20 hours. I'm amazed by that.
Besides, we just bought a Chevy Equinox (AWD, 6 cylinder) to be able to get up our short, but severely angled driveway - isn't one car purchase enough to stimulate the economy? I had been driving a Toyota Matrix and it was no match for the least bit of snow.
Heather
Post a Comment