A day (or week, depending on energy levels) in the life of a working illustrator/marathon running mommy of two small and very active boys and the wife of one bigger boy.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Brick
There is a Ben Folds Five song from a few years back whose words keep bouncing around in my head. It's actually a very sad song about a young couple who have to make a difficult choice. The refrain is "She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly...". That is how I feel today. Only the brick is not a loved one but rather my job, which I can assure you I do NOT love. As the hours went on today and the work piled up and over my head and deadlines flew in and then flew by me I could feel my stress level rising in direct proportion to my blood pressure. The words kept filling in my head "This place is a brick and I'm drowning slowly!" I feel like I am doing all that I can to keep my nose above water and there is no end in sight. The brick strapped to my ankle is pulling me down no matter how fast I try and tread water. I am giving it a few weeks and pray that the stress/workload settles down once we regain some semblance of routine or until I quit and find a new job or end up in the nearest psychiatric facility. Whichever comes first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment