Saturday, October 31, 2009

Operation Candy Coma Successful

It was a gorgeous day here today. The snow has mostly melted even though we had over two feet two days ago. That is the wonderful thing about Colorado--massive snowfall is followed by massive sunshine and massive melting. I went for a ten mile run in shorts and a tank top and I was actually too warm. The majority of the path was clear but the further west I ventured, the more post-hole-ing I had to do--which was actually quite fun.

Liam awoke at a decent hour and for the second day in a row, emerged from his room dressed in his Astronaut costume. To say he loves that flight suit is an understatement. He has barely taken it off in the past two day and that was only at my urging that I needed to wash it. Remember Liam, "Clean costumes get more candy." Grandma and Grandpa are visiting from California and they surprised Liam with space helmet to complete the look. The child was over-the-moon happy. Sawyer went as an adorable tiger and was initially a little confused as to what was happening but by the end he was knocking on the door right there beside his big brother and grabbing candy with the best of them. When we asked Liam what his favorite part of the day was, he said "Right now. Eating candy."

Both boys had a great day. Pictures to come.

No comments: