It has been a tough week with Liam. Every so often he has a doozy of a bad day and they are normally few and far between but this week...we've averaged a few truly rotten days. It is at the point now that he might not get to go Trick or Treating. We've taken away toys, tv, and all other privileges but nothing seems to be working. I'm tired and frustrated and feeling rather deflated and ineffective. A woman I work with says "You should beat his butt black and blue like I did my kids when they misbehave like that!" but Ken & I are really trying to teach him to be respectful by choice and not out of fear. (We have never spanked him and really don't want to ever have to unless it is a MAJOR violation--like doing something that could seriously harm him or his brother for instance.) After he has these kind of days he is normally very good and apologetic and we don't see another for a month but lately...not so much. I am not sure if it is his age, school, or what? I feel at a loss. I wander if other parents go through these types of things or if it is just us? Then I start to worry that it is something more than just a tantrum and then I get sad and worried all over again and then feel bad for even thinking it. This mornings episode started (as they have been lately) with me leaving for work and him not wanting me to go. He got upset and asked me to stay. Add this to Sawyer screaming and crying clinging to my leg (major separation anxiety) and I just feel like crying. Mom, you always remind me what Grandma told you..Nobody ever said parenting was easy and boyhowdy! you weren't kidding!
:-(
No comments:
Post a Comment